20230318 Gravity Impact Fellows Gathering
The Gravity Impact Fellows Gathering
(18th March 2023) – With over 120 guests joining the Gravity Impact Fellows Gathering on 18th March, 2023 in a private club at Kowloon, Gravity has organised a successful event to share the progress after the launching ceremony from 20th Nov, 2021 that Gravity managed to receive 500 projects and finally confirmed to support 12 project within one year.
Gravity Core Team organized the Gravity Impact Fellows Gathering for over 120 guests
At first, Co-founder of Gravity, Mr Eric Yip delivered a welcome speech to thank the support of 100+ impact fellows in the past year and highlight the contributions of our impact fellows.
The keynote speaker, chairman of Cyberport, Mr Simon Chan endorsed the collaboration and Co-investment with Gravity, then, shared the future direction of Cyberport and how Cyberport support innovation and technology industry.
Three Gravity co-founders (Edmond Wong, Eric Yip, Jame Leung) together with the VIP guests including Simon Chan from Cyberport, Laura Lo from CityU, David Chung, Sammi Wong from HKSTP and the core team (Brian, Gordon, Ivan, Stephanie, Karen, Bobby and Alan) to host a toasting and celebrate the Gravity Impact Fellows Gathering Event to be kicked off.
Managing Partner and CTO of Gravity, Ir Prof Alan Lam reported the progress of Gravity in last year and introduced the 6 selected founders from 12 investees to share their projects and future plan. Those selected projects are:
1) Belun Technology: The world first FDA approved wearables for Sleep apneas diagnosis
2) Wada Bento: The world first hot chain machine with PSE (Japan) Certification
3) Common Farms: The Hong Kong’s first soil-based indoor farm growing specialty fresh produce to Michelin chefs, five star hotels and health conscious consumers
4) Contended Living: The biggest Co-living space provider and management service company in HK
5) Locobike: The unique shared-bike operator in hk with big data and AI capabilities for smart mobility
6) Alfred24: The biggest opened platform of smart locker network to provide green delivery system for 13 countries.
Finally, Co-founder of Gravity, Mr Edmond Wong delivered a closing remark and thank all the guests for their support.
We also have a special guest, the honourable Bernard Charnwut Chan, GBM, GBS, JP visited the event and encouraged the founders of startup.
After the event, the guests can have round table mingling for guests and booth visiting for 6 investees.
Round table mingling session
Booth visiting session
This is the biggest gathering event of Gravity community in the past one year and we are looking forward to the next one in the short future.
– THE END –
About Gravity Capital Partners Company Limited
Gravity was founded in 2020 in Hong Kong. It is a passionate initiative to drive impact through investment and management. By nurturing local impact businesses while creating synergy with different stakeholders, Gravity strives to build a better impact ecosystem in Hong Kong.
Tel: (852) 3188 9698
Address: Room 1802, Dominion Centre, 43-59 Queen’s Road East, Hong Kong