20230318 Gravity Impact Fellows Gathering
The Gravity Impact Fellows Gathering
(18th March 2023) – With over 120 guests joining the Gravity Impact Fellows Gathering on 18th March, 2023 in a private club at Kowloon, Gravity has successfully hosted the event to share the progress after the launching ceremony on 20th Nov, 2021. After a year of hard work, we are thrilled to announce that Gravity managed to receive 500 projects and finally confirmed to support 12 project within one year.
Gravity Core Team organized the Gravity Impact Fellows Gathering for over 120 guests
At first, Co-founder of Gravity, Mr Eric Yip delivered a welcome speech to thank the 100+ impact fellows for their support in the past year and highlighted their contributions.
The keynote speaker, Chairman of Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited, Mr Simon Chan endorsed the collaboration and Co-investment with Gravity. He also shared about the future prospect of Cyberport and how Cyberport is to support the innovation and technology industry.
Three Gravity co-founders (Edmond Wong, Eric Yip, Jame Leung) together with the VIP guests including Simon Chan from Cyberport, Laura Lo from CityU, David Chung, Sammi Wong from HKSTP Capital and the core team (Brian, Gordon, Ivan, Stephanie, Karen, Bobby and Alan) toasted to the company’s success and kicked off the Gravity Impact Fellows Gathering Event.
Managing Partner and CTO of Gravity, Ir Prof Alan Lam presented about the progress of Gravity in past year and invited the 6 selected founders from 12 investees on stage to share about their projects and future plans. The selected projects are:
1) Belun Technology: The world’s first FDA-approved wearables for Obstructive Sleep Apnea diagnosis
2) Wada Bento: The world’s first hot-chain machine with PSE (Japan) Certification
3) Common Farms: Hong Kong’s first soil-based indoor farm that grows specialty fresh produce for Michelin chefs, five star hotels and health-conscious consumers
4) Contended Living: One of the biggest Co-living space provider and management service company in HK
5) Locobike: A unique shared-bike operator in HK with big data and AI capabilities for smart mobility
6) Alfred24: One of the biggest open platform of smart lockers network that provides green delivery solutions for 13 countries.
Finally, Co-founder of Gravity, Mr Edmond Wong delivered a closing remark and thank all the guests for their support.
We also have a special guest, the honourable Bernard Charnwut Chan, GBM, GBS, JP visited the event and encouraged the founders of startups.
After the event, the guests had a mingling session within their table and visited the booths of the 6 selected companies.
Booth visiting session
This is the biggest gathering event within the Gravity community over the past year and we are looking forward to hosting the next event in the near future.
– THE END –
About Gravity Capital Partners Company Limited
Gravity was founded in 2020 in Hong Kong. It is a passionate initiative to drive impact through investment and management. By nurturing local impact businesses while creating synergy with different stakeholders, Gravity strives to build a better impact ecosystem in Hong Kong.
Tel: (852) 3188 9698
Address: Room 1802, Dominion Centre, 43-59 Queen’s Road East, Hong Kong